Florida's Most Trusted Corporate &
Special Event Entertainer
Side-Splitting Comedy. Amazing Talent.
A sensational variety show sure to please even the toughest of audiences.
An Event to Remember
Successful event planners dream about fantastic entertainment that guests will still be talking about months later. For that you need entertainment that pleases and wows everyone in the audience – including the boss! It must be funny, corporate appropriate, spectacular. A sure hit.
Entertain Your Guests
Leave Them Wanting More
Get Them Talking
Delighting Audiences of All Types for Over 27 Years - Now in Florida!
With 26 years as full-time performers at over 4000 events, receiving a standing ovation at most shows, we can use that expertise to help guide your event to success. And if we’re not a good fit for your event, we can help you find someone who is. Now based out of Clermont Florida from January through April, it’s even easier to have the best comic variety entertainer at your corporate event in Florida. He’s also a perfect choice for family events or faith-based events.
Comedy and Entertainment for Any Corporate Event
We’ve entertained audiences at all types of events. Chances are we’ve made people laugh and cheer at an event just like yours!
Fairs and Festivals
High-Production Event Entertainment
The Cates put on a performance that includes amazing audio visuals to immerse the audience in the show. They bring front lights for the stage, moving head lights, black lights, lasers lights, haze machine, headset mics, wireless handheld mics and more!
Ditch the Dance and Still Get People on Their Feet
You know your event was a sensation when there’s a standing ovation. They’ll even get a room full of engineers or male baseball players cheering! (no kidding they’ve done it).
The boss will pat you on the back for finding such a great show, and for giving the audience a fantastic experience. If you’re the boss, then you can pat yourself on the back and give yourself a raise. Woo Hoo!
Everyone at the event will be in a good mood having just laughed and been amazed so thoroughly. If it’s a fundraiser, they will give more money! Company morale will go through the roof, profits will soar and you’ll have the best year ever!
Reserve Your Corporate Event, Church Event, or Special Event Today!
Premium dates are booked quickly. Contact us now to check availability.
Canadian Event Industry Awards
Canadian Comedy Awards
Molson Canadian FEO Awards
Canadian Comedy Awards, Nom.
Kingston Rendezvous Festival
A Thoroughly Delighted Audience
Planning an event can be stressful. You want to give people an experience they’ll remember and exceed their expectations for the night. There are a lot of entertainment options out there and it’s hard to know who will deliver a memorable experience that has wide appeal to your diverse audience.
You’ll never have to worry about embarrassing awkwardness caused by inappropriate humor.
Your guests will be happy they stuck around to enjoy the entertainment.
Appealing to All
Everyone will be having fun and laughing – unlike a dance where often a third of the people leave early.
Small Town Charm, Big City Showman
Bob grew up on a farm, and his small town charm, clean comedy, and witty sense of humour have won him fans all across the world. His Comedy in Motion show has received thousands of standing ovations ranging from corporate galas to the world’s elite cruise ships such as the Queen Mary 2. Bob was awarded National Entertainer of the Year at the Canadian Event Industry Awards and “Best Variety Act” at the Canadian Comedy Awards.
Corporate Entertainment FAQ
The Comedy in Motion show checks all the right boxes:
- Are they actually corporate clean? Yes.
- Some comedians have to “clean up” their act for your performance, and then accidentally let something slip. Bob and Jane are always clean so no worries about offence.
- Are they flexible? Yes.
- You will want to do all things possible within your ability to make the show a success. But things don’t always go as planned, or cannot be perfect, so it’s good to have an act that can roll with the punches.
- Are they hassle “non-diva” performers on the night of the show? Yes.
- Bob and Jane make their easy, basic needs known in advance, and make sure they are low maintenance at the event to make your night stress free.
- Can they give you tips on how to structure the evening and present the show? Yes.
- Bob and Jane will give you lots of advice on big and small things that will help the night be a success.
- After you send them your details you’ll receive a quote.
- Then you speak on the phone to go over the finer details of the event and your audience, to make sure you know that they’re fully informed and prepared to wow your crowd.
- You just sign the contract and send the deposit.
- You can use the many free resources they provide to promote the show and organize the venue.
Comedy in Motion is Perfect for:
- Corporate events
- Association events
- Awards dinners
- Appreciation Events
- Youth Conferences
- College and University Campus Events
- Holiday Parties
- Country Clubs
- Golf Events
- Cruise Ships
- Churches or Faith Based Events
Let’s put it this way: the show headlines at both church events and for Disney. So it’s definitely corporate clean.
“One of the things the owners of our company wanted was a clean act with no foul language or jokes that could possibly offend people. All agreed that Bob’s show was a smashing success. I highly recommend Comedy in Motion with Bob Cates to anyone who wants to not only entertain and amaze their audiences but have them talking about your event long into the future.”
Operations Manager, Greenstar
“That man is just plain funny. I was truly entertained. “
“Kept our audience of 700 laughing the entire time! Incredibly entertaining and refreshingly clean.”
Steinbach Credit Union
“We brought Bob to our annual Grower Appreciation Christmas banquet for after dinner entertainment and we were definitely ‘entertained’! Many of our guests commented that they haven’t laughed that hard in years!
Bob has a tremendous way of connecting to his audience with his witty banter and overall friendly disposition. He endears the crowd to him easily and this allows for everyone to enjoy the show. His comedy was refreshingly clean and he even interjected jokes that related specifically to our canola growers, farming and southern Alberta.”
Manager, Monsanto Canada
The normal show length is about an hour, but is totally flexible.
Yes. When Bob and Jane were married in 2007, Jane quit her job and joined the business full time. She helps both on-stage and off-stage. They banter a bit during the show. She is kind of like Paul Shaffer to David Letterman.
Bob and Jane have performed for audiences of fifty to thousands.
- Character. Bob has great stage presence that really endears the audience to himself.
- Some unique routines. Juggling with lasers. Making a costume change while juggling on a 7 foot tall unicycle. Spinning over 2 dozen REAL plates. These and other routines are some of the acts that are unique to Comedy in Motion.
- Being a husband and wife team adds a unique element of fun and laughs.
Anywhere that planes fly to. If you want to rent tech equipment from them, they have to be able to drive there. From January to April they are in Florida, so they could drive within the state or to Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, etc.
Yes, a few reasonable things. See the downloads page for their riders. Here is a example of stage area needed:
They can perform in a very small space – even at a restaurant!
But ideally, the Stage Size Needed is: Minimum: 8 x 24, Better: 12 x 24, Best: 12 x 32 (feet)
Floor to ceiling height (on stage): Minimum: 8 feet, more is better
Stage Height: At least 18 inches for audiences under 100 and 3 feet for larger groups.